Saturday, February 11, 2006

Mr. Massey



update photo added 12/2007. Bodywork stripped, straightened, and primed. Seat restored. Top of chassis primed and painted. Long, long way to go....

Mr. Massey is a 1958 Massey Ferguson TO35 Deluxe tractor. It is powered by a 134 cubic inch Continental in-line four cylinder gasoline engine, and has a 6 forward and two reverse speed manual gearbox (of course!!) . It has live hydraulics and a live PTO. It weighs 3,000 pounds dead empty! It is rated for 35 horsepower, but those are really big horses, like Clydesdales.

This tractor was given to me by the Duke of N41, Ken Kilcourse. FREE. It had only 826 hours since new on it when I drove it home. Cosmetically the tractor was horrible when I got it as you can see, but mechanically it wasn't bad and runs great after a tune-up and carburetor rebuild at the Oakes Garage. I have been working on it and using it since October of 2004 and I have the body pretty well cleaned up now and ready for paint. I will post a new picture soon.

On the back of the tractor is the free mower that came with the tractor. It is a 5 foot "bush hog" type of mower meant for mowing bushes and brush, and not really for grass. It needs more work than the tractor does!

(the name might seem obvious, but there is more. My highschool shop teacher was Mr. Massey and he was an odd sort of funny little man who I have never forgotten.)

Cheers!

Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home