Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Zeke



I picked up Zeke very recently. I found Zeke in the Home Depot parking lot with the price written in white shoe polish on the windshield. I called the dude who owned it, and made the entire deal including delivery in about an hour. I was on my lunch hour from work!!!

Zeke is a 1987 Chevy C30 conversion by American Cargo. They built the rack body and the thing is built like a battleship. It is powered by the venerable 350 V-8 and has fuel injection and the "bulletproof" turbo 400 transmission. I runs and drives fairly well but just like any old machine it has a few "issues" that I need to attend to. Nothing that keeps it out of service, but things that will need fixing.

Zeke will be the replacement for 'Ol Blue. Not that 'Ol Blue could ever be replaced, but Zeke has modern tires and brakes and HEAT and can carry a sh*tload of cargo in that big box on the back. I will eventually make it into a dumper which will be very useful!

I paid $1,000 for the truck as you see it. It is very solid, has 101,000 miles, and has a 10,000 pound GVWR. I feel like I stole it!

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic. One of these days I will take a real picture, though Zeke is not something I would normally photograph.... lol.

(the name of Zeke comes from the man I purchased the truck from. His real name was Dave, but to me he was more of a Zeke. He is a filthty, smelly, chain-smoking short fat sawed-off little man who looks like he has been dragged for miles behind a manure wagon. The inside of the truck smelled so bad that I left it wide open for nearly a week to air out. You might say that the inside of the truck smelled like a mixture of ass, mustard gas, and rotting flesh.)


Cheers!

Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home