Friday, March 03, 2006

Cubby



Cubby is a 1975 International Cub Lo-Boy tractor with a 60 inch Woods mowing deck. Cubby it powered by the sweetest running 60 cubic-inch water-cooled flat-head in-line four cylinder engine you've ever heard run. The engine is rated for 15 horsepower at the drawbar wich would equate to about 20 at the crankshaft. These are big horses though, and tractors were rated differently in the old days. Don't think your 20 horsepower Crapsman lawn tractor could ever measure up! It has three forward speeds and one reverse. Believe it or not, this tractor weighs 2,200 pounds!

As you can see, it needs a lot of love. The basic machine is solid and mechanically decent, but it needs paint and a few parts. I have located and/or purchased most of the parts that I need and I will get Cubby looking like the brochure picture at the top in time.

I bought this bad boy on eBay, very cheap. I had to go all the way to New Jersey to get it (thanks for going with me Dad). It is worth a small fortune restored and I feel lucky to have gotten it so cheaply.

(the name is pretty obvious.... I hope)

Cheers!

Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home